Frequently Asked Questions

You may call the Auditor-Controller Division at (916) 874-7856 to file an affidavit of lost warrant and to request a replacement. 

To get information on why you received a check from the County of Sacramento, please call the Auditor-Controller Division at (916) 874-7856.

The County of Sacramento does not administer income tax refunds. You will need to call either the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for your federal refund or the State of California Franchise Tax Board at 1-800-852-5711 for your state refund. 

The County of Sacramento retains unclaimed funds that originated in the County of Sacramento for one year. After one year, the County turns all unclaimed funds over to the State of California. If the funds are less than one year old and originated in the County of Sacramento, you may call the Treasurer's office at (916) 874-8258. Otherwise, contact the State of California at (916) 445-8318 or visit the Bureau of ​Unclaimed Property page on the State Controller's Website. 

 ​​​​​​For answers Tax questions please visit Tax Collection and Business Licensing Division FAQs.